For the time being, I have lost count of the number of days in the sewing room. I'll have to look back at my notes and see if I can recreate which days the last half of February I was in the sewing room.
In the meantime, I did manage to complete a project. It started as a new piece of "Ugly Dog" fabric in a paper bag that I selected at guild. We all exchanged the fabrics, and were given some time to come up with a completed project from someone else's fabric. This was mine...
At first, I didn't mind because I was a Star Wars fan. I came up with several great ideas. Then I started to cut out the fabric, and I noticed certain things that hindered me. First, the color I thought was red was actually pink. Red just didn't look good with part of it. Second, I thought the word "Vader" was centered and looked like a mouth under the eyes. It's not actually centered, and getting that face cut out proved challenging. Finally, was the fact that the fabric had been washed and was no longer a true black, but more of a dark gray.
I decided cutting the individual sections apart was a good idea. I really wanted to piece them back together in such a way that they no longer resembled Star Wars fabric. Here was one I tried. I like the pieced face, but not the fabric scraps I put with it.
Unfortunately, that was a violation of the rules, which stated they had to be recognizable in the finished piece. So I opted for simple piecing and color blocks. I especially like the flange of the binding as a mini border and pop of color. I disregarded the variance in shades of black, and it worked out. It's not large, but it is finished.
Although the feature fabric was swapped, the remaining fabric, backing, and binding came from my stash. It's nice to have a little moving out.
Used this week: 0.66 yards
Acquired this week: 0.00 Yards
Used this year: 12.08 yards
Acquired this year: 8.125 yards
Destashed this year: 3.955 yards
See how others are managing their stashes at Patchwork Times.
Tata for now,