Sunday, February 12, 2017

Stash Report - February 12, 2017

Happy Sunday!  It has been a busy week.  I've been fighting some crud that my husband has, but so far I have managed to stay ahead of it.  I felt just bad enough I could push off a few things and stay home, but not so bad that I couldn't sew.  And sew I did!  I managed more than 15 minutes in the sewing room all 7 days, which brings my annual total to 36 out of my 200 goal.  See how Kate is doing over at Life in Pieces.

I have finished all of the center blocks for Bricks in the Barnyard by Bonnie Hunter, in an enlarged size.  I think I have also made the french braid border long enough, but I won't know for sure until I get the center put together.  I am normally a piece the row by row then join the rows kind of quilter, but I decided this time to make large 4-patches from the blocks, and then assemble those into larger four patches.  I think there will be less of a chance that I will reverse some of them.  You'll understand when you see them, so come back tomorrow for Design Wall Monday to see my final arrangement.  I'm hoping to have a completed top by the end of the day!

I also attempted to join the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2017.  I had an idea for a finished quilt that would use the scrappy colored blocks with a little preplanning.  I really wanted a constant light neutral for it, but I don't have any yardage in my stash.  So...I went shopping!  I came across these two lovely fabrics.  One is such a light gray, that I would call it silver if it had a sheen to it.  The other makes me hungry, because it looks like sprinkles on a cupcake.  They are teeny, tiny polka dots.  I think the colors would be perfect for the RSC17.  I bought 3 1/2 yards of each, so I could make sure I had enough as a background.

So I took my idea and made a block with the purples I had pulled out.  Then I made a second block.  FLOP!!!  I hated them both.  I disliked them even more together.  So, I disassembled them!  I didn't even bother to take a pic.  I've now gone back to the drawing board, and I am pondering another idea.    If I get the top together today, I may try a block or two and show it tomorrow.  See...you have to come back!

Yesterday was also our guild day.  We made a  Simple Sewing Companion from 2 fat quarters.  This will be great for keeping my scissors and needles secure while I am on the go with handwork.  I love how unique everyone's turned out.

I also won the door prize, which included 7/8 yards of Valentine's Day fabric, a quilt coloring book, and colored pencils.  What a fun holiday surprise!

Be sure to check out Patchwork Times for updates on how other quilters are using their stash.  There are some fabulous ideas there!

Used This Week:  0.50 yards
Acquired This Week:  7.875 yards

Used Year to Date: 11.42 yards
Acquired Year to Date:  8.125 yards

Net Destashed Year to Date: 3.295 yards

Until tomorrow...Blessings!
Joy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment