Sunday, May 18, 2014

Let's Get Started!!!

My Hubby and I have been talking about me starting a blog for a while now.  But I didn't really know where to begin.  I'm not sure this is the right place, but let's give it a shot anyway.  The main point is to "Just Get Started!!"

That's kind of the approach I've taken with my sewing lately.  I enjoy looking at my stash and being all organized and pretty.  But the truth is, I didn't buy it to look at...I bought it to sew with.  So I just needed to start some projects and get over the initial...'Oh My Goodness....I'm using my stash!'

My stash usage project began with Aunt Marti at 52quilts.com taking over the Block A Day Challenge.  (It's not too late for you to start.  By my count, we are on block 60 of 90.  If you make three blocks a day for the next 30 days, you'll finish with all who started on day 1.  You can view her tutorial here.)  I didn't really have enough scraps to make a quilt, so I started going through my Mom's scraps.  I only pulled out a handful, but it was enough to give me some color inspiration.  When I got home, I started pulling from my own stash.  I used what I could from my fat quarters to give me lots of variety.  What I didn't have enough colors of, I pulled from yardage.  After cutting much of it down to size, this is what I came up with.


So this is the start.  My plan is to use it as my Leader and Ender project while I finish up my Civil War Summer quilt.  I'll post more about the quilt and Leaders and Enders in a future post.  For now, what are you working on?  Have you started anything lately?  I would love to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment