Sunday, April 3, 2016

Stash Report - April 3, 2016

I hope everyone had a nice Easter last week.  I was busy preparing the meal, so I missed my post.  Just as well...I really didn't have anything to report.  I haven't really been in the sewing room much the last couple of weeks.  It seems life has happened when I wasn't paying attention.  Hopefully, with the ushering in of Spring, I will be able to return to my room regularly.

Last week, I took my machine in for service.  I couldn't just leave the shop without looking around, especially since it was a shop I hadn't been in before.  I found this great tone on tone neutral.  I like it because it doesn't have flowers on it.  It makes it more versatile for me when my boys want something made from it.  I bought a yard.


I also bought some quilt basting spray for a minkee project I am noodling in my head, and several little scissors sets.  The one with hearts has a clip that clips to your clothes, so I don't lose them while I am watching TV.  The other two have pigs on them, and are gifts for my Mom and Sister.  They help each year on the Swine Livestock Show during the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.  (If they say something to me about them, we'll know if they read my blog.)


It is only the first few days of April, and I have already managed to complete a couple of my goals.  First, I was able to complete the stitching down of my hexagons on my Buttercream Summer block.  That will complete this block, and now I am ready to prepare the 7th of 8 blocks for embroidering.  I won't get to count anything out of stash this week for it, but I am one step closer to completing the quilt.

Second, I was able to finish the pillowcase bags for my boys.  I did not pick the fabrics out...they did. Unlike me, they don't enjoy shopping for fabric, so I'm sure they picked the first thing they saw without flowers.  These are really cute bags, and I am thinking about making some more with Star Wars fabric.  My plan is to use these when we travel to put the kids blankets, pillow pets, and stuffed animals in.  Last time we traveled, one of my boys dropped their blanket in a puddle as we were going into the hotel.  This will hopefully prevent that, and make it easier to carry.  I think they would also be great for a sleepover or a laundry bag at camp.  If you would like the pattern, you can find it on allpeoplequilt.com.  Total used for these two pillowcase bags is 2 3/4 yards.


                                      This Week          This Year
Used                                      2.75               21.5
Added                                    1.00               28.75
Net Used / Added                 1.75                  7.25

This certainly has things moving in the right direction, but I have more to do. I am linking up to Patchwork Times, and you can see how others are using these stash.

Blessings,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment