Sunday, March 13, 2016

Stash Report - March 13, 2016

Have you ever bought fabric for a specific project, only to get ready to start it and not like your choices any longer?  Well that where I am today. This week, I bought 5 yards of fabric for a tuffet workshop with Tuffet SourceTM. I arrived last night in North Carolina, and this morning when I pulled them out, I don't like them any more. 




In the top left of the photo, are 7 - 1/4 yard cuts of various blue, maroons, and browns. It will be used with a blue from my stash for a demo tuffet in the 64 strip pattern. I chose these colors so that down the road, I could give the sample to my sister for her house. Ehh...I should have gone with batiks. I still have time to go to a local shop or two before we start sewing those up tomorrow.

The fabrics at the bottom of the photo show 3 - 1 yard cuts of fabric that I bought for a tuffet that uses 2 feature fabrics and 2 coordinating fabrics. When I packed, I grabbed the music fabrics from my stash that I thought would coordinate with my purchases. And now...I'm not so sure. We'll see in about an hour, when I get set up in the sewing room with more light.

And the random solid black fat quarter? I took my son with me to the quilt store, and he picked it out. Because I had to have his favorite color in my stash, of course!

So my numbers dove further into the red for this week, but it should have a turn around for next week.

                                      This Week                       This Year
Used                                             0                             14.50
Added                                           5                             27.25
Net Used/
Added                           5                             12.75            


Visit Patchwork Times to see how others are doing on Stashbusting, and what projects they have been working on this week.  Until I post updates from my workshop, have a great week!
Joy

1 comment:

  1. Better to get fabric you like to work on that first attempt than to work on what you don't like or are unsure about. That way you are more likely to enjoy the process and finish faster.

    ReplyDelete