Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Lucky Projects Chosen for Completion

I certainly enjoyed having an extra day in February!  I actually got up at 4am, and didn't return to bed until 11pm so I wouldn't waste the gift of time.  I spent the time getting my items ready for a consignment sale, helping at the Book Fair at my child's school, taking the items to consignment, and getting my little one to the Dr.  He has an ear infection.  :(  The good news is he is on the mend.

The bad news is, I did not place one single solitary stitch. So on Leap Day, I was unable to complete any more of my February goals.  So here is the recap:
  1. T-Shirt Quilt - Done!
  2. Cute Critter Binding - Done!
  3. Rainbow Garden Binding - Done!
  4. Bionic Gear Bag - Done!
  5. Guild Block - Done!
  6. Civil War Celebration - Borders and background cut, 2 of 8 blocks complete, and setting blocks complete.
  7. Quilting Cousins Patriotic Table Runner - Blocks Cut, but not yet sewn together.
  8. Christmas Advent Calendar - Done!
  9. Temple Replacement Quilt - Just a pattern and folds of fabric right now.
  10. Tuffet - Strips in order and first 2 strips pinned or sewn on.
For March, I want to complete the projects that weren't complete in February.  I've also added a few other lucky projects to the list.  
  1. Civil War Celebration: Here are the borders laid out for sewing.  I just haven't had time lately to sit and stitch them.


  2. QC Patriotic Table Runner - Back in it's box until I finish the Civil War quilt.
  3. Temple Replacement Quilt - I've really only selected the fabrics and pattern.
  4. Tuffet for Playroom - Do you see the forms on top of the quilt?  The wedges are stitched or pinned with the first two strips.


  5. Buttercream Summer Block - My goal is to finish the block I was working on in February.  I was hoping to finish it during karate tonight, but didn't.  It will be on the plane with me tomorrow, so hopefully it will be finished before I get to Houston.
  6. Summer Solstice Block A Day - ShooFly - This quilt is already basted to the backing.  I just need to mark it in the Baptist Fan pattern and free-motion quilt it.  Do you see it in the picture of the tuffet above?  That's the cream back of the quilt that is folded.
  7. E'Lane's Shoes - This is an embroidery project for my Mother-in-Love.  They are embroidery shoes for each of my boy's, which is to compliment shoes that were embroidered for her when my husband was born.


  8. Cash and Carry Pouch - I made one of these several years ago, and the piece on the bottom is leftover from then.  But my pouch was lost when my purse was stolen.  It was what I missed the most, so I am making a replacement.


  9. Coffee Mug Bag - I'm not entirely sure what this is going to look like or what style I'm going to make.  I just want one to match the Bionic Gear Bag and Ruler Bag I've made over the last few months.  I do know that it will include a few of these fabrics.


  10. Boy's Pillowcase Bags - I found a cute pattern for a pillowcase bag.  I told the boys they could help me make them, and they picked out their own fabrics.  I'll let them make it with these, but I did not pick them out!
Again, it is a long list.  However, many of them are just small projects that were lucky enough to make the list.  There are 3 quilts on the list, but 1 is just quilting, and 1 is a strip quilt that should move along quickly.  That means I will hopefully be able to take my time completing the Civil War pieced quilt.  I'll be travelling some this month, so the hand projects should keep me busy when I am without my machine.

Do you have any goals for the month?  Here's hoping you have a few special projects picked out.  Happy March Everyone!
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment