Monday, January 23, 2017

Design Wall - January 23, 2017

Monday morning finds me proquiltinating again.  Once again, I should be cleaning house, but I am in the sewing room instead.

I am finally getting back to Bricks in the Barnyard by Bonnie Hunter.  It has been so long since I worked on it, I can't remember exactly where I am.  So in a little while, I will be laying out the blocks  on the floor and counting the center blocks.  Then I'll investigate the remaining pieces I have to see if I need to cut more center and border units.  


Unfortunately, I can't spend all day in the sewing room.  I will have to leave later to help my in-laws clean out Aunt Eacie's apartment.  This sweet lady passed away last Sunday at 99 1/2 years old.


She was really just a big kid at heart, trapped in an aging body.  She always loved to plan themed parties, especially picnics.  But she always had trouble with ants outside, and she called them "piss ants."  So for her 90th birthday, I made her a "Piss Ant" quilt.  The back of it shows in the photo above.  As I was going through my scraps, I found these.  I love how quilts and scraps can make you think of others, whether it is in the giving of quilt, or remembering someone who has passed.


I was digging through my scraps, because I have decided I want to participate in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2017 I keep seeing everywhere.  I really don't have a lot of purples, but I pulled what I had.  (And discovered my scraps were not as well organized as I thought they were.)  I have an idea for a block, but I need to investigate to see if I have enough scraps in the correct sizes to make it.  I also don't think I have the correct background fabric, but we'll see.


That's what my day looks like...black and gray with a chance of purple!  I hope you get to spend some time sewing, but if not, be sure to check out what is on other people's design walls at Patchwork Times.

Blessings, 
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment