Monday, January 9, 2017

Design Wall Monday

It is starting out as a beautiful week.  I should be doing more housework than I am, but I am "proquiltinating" instead.

I haven't yet gotten my sewing room back to a state of order, so I am working on the project that was on top of the stacks...Ruler Bags!  I've made 2 before, one for me and one for Mom.  Now my sister has asked for one.  I am making her one using my collection of Texas themed fabric.  The strips will be the outside of the bag, and the wildflowers will be the interior.  I'm hoping I can get it finished up today, after purchasing the correct color thread to sew on the binding and straps.


The other ruler bag I am making is for a fellow guild member.  She saw mine last year, and asked me to make her one.  She provided the butterfly material, which will serve as both the exterior and interior of the bag.  It is home dec fabric, so it should also be durable.


These bags are not really difficult, but there are a lot of little details. They are sized to fit an 18x24 cutting mat, so they take up a lot of space while making them.  Once they are complete, I will have more room to figure out what projects are next.  I also auditioned quite a bit of fabric for my sister's bag, which I need to get put away.

These aren't really on the Design Wall, but I am linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times anyway.

Happy sewing!
Joy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment