Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sunday Stash Report - January 17, 2016

Happy Anniversary to two of my favorite people...Mom and Dad!  Today marks 52 years of marriage.  Here is a picture of their 50th Anniversary.  We blew it out that year!  I can't wait to see them in March!


This week, I purchased fabric for my upcoming tuffet class at Tennessee Quilts, which uses the pattern by Tuffet SourceTM. This doesn't yet include the muslin I still need to buy to fuse the pattern to.  Since I will be making 2 tuffets, I purchased twice as much fabric as I needed.  Each tuffet calls for 2 1/2 yards, so it was 5 yards total.  The colors may seem a little odd, but I purchased them to tie together the colors that are already in the playroom.


I have denim curtains, a gray couch, tan carpet, and dark brown wood furniture.  I think this will blend some of the colors nicely.  I have also picked out some upholstery fabric to make some throw pillows for the couch and large floor cushions for the boys.  Unfortunately, it is out of stock right now, and they are checking to see if they can get any more.  If I can't find the upholstery fabric, I will use quilting cotton instead.  Then I'll incorporate some of the tuffet fabric into those and a quilt or 2 for the room.

Today, I'll be working on the quilt repair.  I just really want it done and returned to it's rightful owner. Then I can get going on moving fabric out of my stash.  So, my first stash report finds me in the red.

               This Week        This Year
Used                      0                     0
Added                    5                     5
Net Added             5                     5

Curious how others are doing so far?  Check out other stash reports at Patchwork Times.
Blessings until next time!

3 comments:

  1. You will use that 5 yards up soon. Good luck with your tuffet class, throw pillows, and floor pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary to your mom and dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your tuffet plan. I'm buying a lot of fabric right now, but I know it will get used and more. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete