Sunday, February 14, 2016

Stash Report - February 14, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day!  I hope today finds you surrounded by people, pets, and things you love.

Yesterday was guild day, but I didn't go. They made cute heart mug rugs. I'll take mine as a raincheck, and make mine later. Last month at guild, each of us took pieces and instructions for a block home.  They will become part of a quilt we will donate to the library we meet in.  Here is mine.


This week, I also managed to finish the binding on two quilts: Cute Critter and Rainbow Garden.  Both of these started as shop quilts for the shop I work in, so I didn't originally include the fabric in my stash.  Therefore, I don't get to count them out.  :( But I have been able to mark them off my Projects in Progress list, so it got a little shorter.



I also finished the cutting out of the cookies for my Cookie Counter Advent Calendar.  I keep a box in a closet for Christmas decor I miss when I take most of it down.  So this Advent Calendar has been added to the potholder, snow globe, and dish towels that are in the box.  Hopefully, I will finish the placemats and napkins on my Planned Projects list before Thanksgiving, and I can add them to the box.

But my big finish for the week is a T-Shirt quilt I completed.  Finishing it up was also the reason I didn't go to guild. It was a little more challenging then normal, because she had already cut some of the t-shirts.  I'm able to count out 3 yards of ticking from my stash that I used as the back.  She still had to buy another 3 yards, but at least I was able to use part of what I had.  I also used quite a bit of interfacing that I already had, but I won't count that out.  (I usually just count cotton fabric.) She originally bought 3 yards of sashing/binding, and had 1/2 a yard left. I have happily found a home for it in my stash.


I did determine that I really need to clean up my sewing room.  In packing and unpacking for trips, as well as determining where I am on certain projects, I have strewn things out.  I won't take time to actually do it until the end of the month, but finishing the t-shirt helped a little.

                                              This Week                 This Year
Used                                                3.33                       13.25
Added                                                .50                       22.25
Net Added/Used                              2.83                         9.00

Now I need to figure out what project is next.  Have a blessed week!
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment