Sunday, February 21, 2016

Stash Report - February 21, 2016

Happy Daytona Day!!

I was so busy with a Daytona 500 party, that I didn't have a chance to post earlier in the day.  What a close race!!  I will admit that I got a little emotional today, as Jeff Gordon participated from the broadcast booth for his first race after retiring last year.  He started racing the same time I became a NASCAR fan, and I have rooted for him ever since.  Today, I didn't really root for a specific driver...I just enjoyed the race.

While I was watching, I kept working on my Buttercream Summer blocks.  I have made tremendous progress on this block this week.  I have about half of the daisies completed.  After that, I only have some of the ferns, swirls, roses, and stitching down the hexagon flowers that I have already made.  It might even get finished this week, which wasn't a goal for the month, but I'll take it!!  Here is what it looks like now...


This week, I did finish my Bionic Gear Bag.  It is a great little bag, and I look forward to filling it up and using it.  It has coffee bean fabric, to compliment my ruler bag on workshops.



The rest of the week was spent working on my UFO for the month, Civil War Celebration.  I now remember why it was a UFO.  In 2011, I was at the Alford Inn in Van Alstyne, TX, and I saw this quilt hanging in the stairwell.  Now I'm not really much of a civil war fan, but this quilt spoke to me.  I talked with the owner about it, but I didn't purchase it because I didn't have enough left in my fabric budget.  The next year, we revisited Alford Inn, and I asked about it.  It was on clearance for 50% off.  I told the lady that I had thought about that quilt for a year, and she went upstairs to ask the owner about it.  The owner asked, "Is it the lady from Nashville?"  When the cashier came down and I told her I was, she said the owner remembered how much I liked the quilt, and gave me an extra discount.  I got a REALLY good deal on the kit.  So I am not complaining when I say that the fabric is cut really close in the kit.  As in, I have to use scraps cut off of other blocks to have enough fabric to complete it.  This is not a quilt I can complete in the wee hours of the morning, because it requires my full attention not to mess it up.

So instead of working on it for what remains of today, I will work on a different project.  The Civil War Celebration requires my fully awake and caffeinated attention.

I'm linking my stats for the week to Patchwork Times.  Check out how others are doing demolishing their stash.
                                      This Week                       This Year
Used                                        1.25                             14.50
Added                                           0                             22.25
Net Used/Added                      1.25                               7.75            


I hope all of you have had a productive week, and are looking forward to the next one.
Blessings,
Joy

1 comment:

  1. I love your Bionic gear bag. Very cute fabric for it too.

    ReplyDelete