Monday, February 1, 2016

The Gift of Time to Complete February Goals

This year, we have the gift of an extra day for Leap Year!  Although February is a shorter month than all the rest, this year we can accomplish more than we normally would in February!

Looking back on January, I completed about half of my projects.  This doesn't take into account how far along I got on the those projects...I just didn't complete them.  Let's recap...

  1. Quilt Repair - Done!  And back in the hands of the rightful owner.
  2. Cute Critter Binding - Almost!  I need to fix a seam first!
  3. Pocket Full of Rulers Bag - Done!
  4. Bionic Gear Bag - Close!
  5. Tuffet - One of Two Completed. 
So this month, I want to complete the projects I didn't finish last month and a few others.
  1. T-Shirt Quilt - This is a t-shirt quilt for someone else.  So far, I have determined the layout.  Next comes the cutting and sewing.  That is what I will be doing today.


  2. Cute Critter Binding - Oops! I need to fix the seam that I missed when I sewed the binding on the front, and then finish stitching down the foot or so of binding on the back.  If I get the machine part done this morning, then I can finish the binding this afternoon during karate.


  3. Rainbow Garden Binding - This is a shop quilt I made last fall, that came back from the long arm quilter last week.  I've already cut and sewn the binding to the front, I just need to stitch the binding to the back by hand.  Once I finish the Cute Critter binding, I'll start on this tonight at karate.


  4. Bionic Gear Bag - This pattern by Sally Thompson is about half finished.  I have all of the inner pockets and zippers sewn together.  Now it is time to sew the sides, exterior, and bindings on.


  5. Guild Block - Last month at our guild meeting, we each took a "bookshelf" block to complete.  This month, they will be collected and assembled as a quilt to the library where we have our monthly meeting. You can find the "Read With Me" pattern by Melissa Corry on modabakeshop.com.


  6. Civil War Celebration by Joe Wood of Thimblecreek Designs - This is my #9 UFO for Aunt Marti's 2016 UFO Challenge at 52quilts.com.  I have all of the setting blocks and 2 of the 9 sampler blocks made.


  7. Quilting Cousins Patriotic Tablerunner - This year I also labeled 10 of my non-quilting projects to complete as part of Aunt Marti's UFO Challenge, with this being #9.  Although I had made more blocks, I gave a few away to the cousins when we had a few miscuts of fabric and ran out.  I was fortunate enough to find some more this weekend, so I think I can finish it now.


  8. Christmas Advent Calendar - Although I finished the actual calendar last year, I didn't finish the cookies that go into the bowl.  They are fused onto felt, and just need to be cut out.  This is another good project during karate.


  9. Temple Replacement Quilt - This is the replacement quilt for the family I did a quilt repair for last month.  I have all of the fabric selected and sorted to complete the 'Country Lane' pattern from the 2012 Winter edition of Simple Quilts & Sewing.  


  10. Tuffet - This is a second tuffet by Tuffet SourceTM, in the same pattern as the one I completed this weekend.  I have all of the strips cut, the pattern is fused to the muslin, and the pattern pieces are cut out.  I still need to stitch the wedges and assemble the base.

I know this is a long list, but many of these projects are only a day or two from completion.  Accomplishing these projects would really make a dent in my overall project list.  And it would also help to clean up my sewing room by getting half-completed projects out of the way.  What do you want to accomplish with your extra day this month?

Be sure to check out all of the January finishes in the February UFO Parade at 52quilts.com.  You'll find great inspiration and motivation.

Enough blogging for now...to the sewing room I go!
Joy 


No comments:

Post a Comment