Sunday, July 10, 2016

Stash Report - July 10, 2016

It's been a great week.  One of my Quilting Cousins came to visit with her grandson.  They played together well, while she and I talked and enjoyed time together.

And guests mean...cleaning the sewing room.  This was far less traumatic than normal.  The prior week I needed to get into the Closet of Doom to find batting.  To get to the closet, I had to move the cutting table.  To move the cutting table, I had to put everything else away. So this week, all I really had to do was straighten up around my machine, move the class bags from last week to under the cutting table, and vacuum.

Before and after they left, I have been working on Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.  I have now sewn and pressed all of the half-square triangles (HST) for the Churn Dash Blocks and started piecing the Nine-Patches as Leaders and Enders.  At one point during the week, I had sewn 15 chains of 11 HSTs, and had them laying on the ironing board.  My husband went in early one morning to iron a shirt, and came in to wake me up.  He said he was not going to try to move them, because he was sure he would make a mess.  I laughed at him, got up, moved them, and ironed his shirt for him.


On Saturday, we had a project day at guild.  I looked through my email, but didn't have cutting directions.  So I arrived with just a stack of Christmas fabrics.  I still managed to finish the tablerunner top, but I haven't yet quilted it.  (I have to go back into the Closet of Doom to find batting.) So I am close to another finish.


Today, I am going to finish packing for a trip.  Hubby will be staying here while I take the boys to Huntsville, AL for Space Camp.  I'll be staying in a hotel for the week, so I am taking my machine to quilt while the boys are at the camp.  To help with my quandary from last week, I decided to take my Featherweight with me, instead of my bigger machine.  That means piecing this week, instead of quilting.  My goal will be to finish the tops from last week's workshops with Bonnie Hunter, which are Boxy Stars and Bricks in the Barnyard.  Those pieces are already packed, and mostly cut.  I'm also going to pack up Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, in case I need extra to work on.  And if I have time to clear a path and get into the Closet of Doom, I'll take the batting and backing for the guild tablerunner.  I think I have all the right colors of thread, and it's very linear design could be quilted on my Featherweight.

No fabric was added this week, and I am excited that the fabrics for the tablerunner were all in my stash.  I actually picked out fabrics from my stash to make another one too.  No finishes this week either, but I'm getting close to having several.

                                 This Week             This Year
Used:                              0.00                   25.25
Purchased:                       0.00                    67.50
Net:                                 0.00                   42.25

Check out other Stash Smashers at Patchwork Times.

Have a Blessed Week,
Joy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment