Sunday, July 3, 2016

Stash Report - July 3, 2016

It's July!!  I love July!  To me, it is just summer!  Kicking off with celebrating the birth of our country and red, white, and blue, leading into a vacation of some sort, and filled with hot days spent in the pool!

So to kick it off, I pulled out my Quilting Cousins Patriotic Tablerunner.  I taught this as a class last year with my Quilting Cousins.  Unfortunately, their were many miscuts of fabric, and I gave a couple of cousins some of my demo pieces.  It left me without enough of a couple of the fabrics to make mine, until I found some more at a shop in January.  So this past week, I pulled it out and put it together...Just in time for the 4th!


I also spent many hours at my cutting table this week.  I started by working on Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Charlotte Angotti.  At the beginning of the week, it looked like this:


All the pieces are now cut, and the sewing has begun.  Today, it looks like this:


Towards the end of the week, this happened!


I got to take 2 classes with Bonnie Hunter from Quiltville.com.  On Friday, it was all about Boxy Stars, which is a free pattern on her website.  I managed to get this far during the workshop:


On Saturday, we raised the roof with Bricks in the Barnyard from Scraps & Shirttails II.  I sat at the "Fun" table, so we weren't really the "Productive" table.  This (and a couple of border pieces) was all I got sewn together during the workshop:


Now, I'm in a quandary.  The Quiltville classes were so much fun and I am excited about them, but they are packed away from bringing them home.  The pieces I cut this week for Girls Just Wanna Have Fun are sitting out in my sewing room.  Next week, I'll be traveling with time to sew in my hotel room.  Do I leave the Quiltville quilts packed up and take them with me, or do I pack up the other and take it with me?  On the other hand, I also still need to make my older son a messenger bag, finish two projects for my Mother-In-Love's birthday on the 15th, and figure out if a different top thread will fix my free-motion quilting problem!  I don't know the answer yet, but first things first...finish the binding on the patriotic table runner!

I'm so glad to have a finish this week, and no fabric purchases.  (I did however, purchase several books and pens from Bonnie.)

                                 This Week             This Year
Used:                               2.50                   25.25
Purchased:                       0.00                    67.50
Net:                                 2.50                   42.25

See more Stash Busting progress at Patchwork Times.

Blessings,
Joy  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment